A Lisboeta's Blog

The Goer From Lisboa!

Friday, September 29, 2006

The importance of being a "Fish"

Ok so I drafted a blog entry as my last goodbye from Brazil which I worked on on Wednesday (i have had a week off work after getting back from Brazil.... ahh bliss) but something rather more important and very special happened to me on Wednesday evening which I am pretty sure I have told everyone who reads this blog in person about - apologies if not :)

Rich took me out for a very special dinner on Wednesday night to welcolme me back from Brazil and my six week adventure abroad. The venue was perfectly set twenty four stories up a swanky tower block near Liverpool Street and is in actual fact one of Gary Rhodes' restaurants. The meal was totally exquisite and the company even better. Rich acted 'normally' throughout the meal and at the end of it totally unexpectedly asked me if I would marry him. I won't go into details on my blog as I feel it is inappropriate to do so but needless to say that I have accepted his proposal and he has made me the happiest girl in the world. Every time he mentions the fact that I am going to be his wife or he refers to me as his fiancee, I literally melt and the biggest smile crosses my face. I am SO happy and I love him SO much.

I feel at this precise moment that it is important to share a further little detail with you, when I do get married to him I will become Mrs Fish (!) fine by me but as some of you know I have a bad track record with fish of the goldfish kind. I was rather surprised when I got back from my trip to find that we had a little friend sharing our home with us in Stevenage, his name was Sundance and he was a goldfish that Rich bought after winning 'Butch' at the funfair that passed through town last week. Butch sadly passed away after one day but Sundance was a happy little fish until Rich asked me to change the water for him yesterday and I promptly dropped him on the worktop in the kitchen and then in my panic and haste I also dropped him on the floor. He seemed to be ok after I got him back into the tank but sadly this morning Rich found him floating on the surface of the tank.

Geeeeez how bad to I feel? He has been Rich's company over the last few days and I have killed him. I realize that that they were buddies (well as much as one can be buddies with a 'fish') but he was important to him and perhaps he might begin to think that I have no regard for fishes of ALL kinds.......... I think I have some making up to do to him, oh goody ;)

Ps. Our little place now feels very empty without Sundance :(

1 Comments:

At 10:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaah... congratulations again!! And I think you should be banned from having any more goldfish you know. Very very happy engagement celebrations, lots of love, p xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home