A Lisboeta's Blog

The Goer From Lisboa!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Lucky Stars

Well these last ten days have been really great fun, hence the lack of blog posting!!

Having arrived from Ilha Grande just over a week ago i feel like my feet haven´t touched the ground. First there was the offer of staying here and working at the youth hostel full time, something which i of course kindly refused as I think Rich would have been tempted to come over here to kill the Swedish hostel owner himself....... :)

Then there was the evening of Forro - which means ´for all´ and is a really good type of Brazilian music to dance and listen to. Well when they say ´for all´ they cleary didn´t include me because as much as the Brazilian guy tried to teach me that it was two steps to the left and two to the right my body would go one to the lfet and one to the right.......... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! How bloody embarrasing. And to make me feel worse he would just step away from me show me how bloody easy it was and then I would still get it wrong.

I also happened to arrive when the weather was really hot - so of course to make up for the fact that the weather has been pretty average everywhere else i have been i have bought myself a Brazilian bikini and tried my best to get a tan. Unfortunately I am not one of those lucky people (Laura Church, Helen Marchant and Naomi Marsh) who just have to look at the sun and they go brown so it has been a delicate process over a few days. The weather turned nasty at the weekend so no more beach for Tania (apart from today when it was hot!).

I have also been doing some studying and making contacts with people for interviews etc. and i have been to the theatre and ooohhhh i have also been shopping. Quite a lot of shopping in fact but hey what the heck - you only live once right?

And on Saturday we decided to go to a concert in Lapa, THE place to go out in in Rio. The location is underneath the arches of a bridge and the place is teeming with hot young things and lots and lots of vendors selling caipirinha...... that was my downfall i think. I dont remember much of the concert, i do remember how good the fifth or sixth caipirinha tasted and I shockingly remeberred the next morning that i got the bus home on my own whilst in a slightly emotional state, i do remember getting a taxi after the bus ´cos the bus went past my stop still feeling a little sad and i do remember telling the security guard how sad i was feeling and that I really missed Rich........... so that is the effect of the caipirinha. Ahem slightly embarrased, but not as bad as the girl and the guy i was out with, one slept in the wrong bed and the other was sick on themselves. Lovely. Maybe too much detail!

So Rio is FAB and I am definately coming back here again to Brazil with Rich. Definately. Especially if he does well in the gameshow tonight. Good luck baby, I am with you all the way :)

2 Comments:

At 12:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaah Tania it sounds like so much fun! haha! I can just imagine you on the bus after one too many... Look forward to seeing you soon, love pol xx

 
At 12:47 am, Blogger la scania said...

I ain´t saying nothing Guv! ;)

Na I am sure that they would offer you a job over here in an instant. Who needs a language when you can communicate with gestures!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home