A Lisboeta's Blog

The Goer From Lisboa!

Sunday, October 02, 2005

A Nearly Free Taxi Ride

Well having planned to spend the weekend in Northampton catching up with Edward I found out yesterday morning that he was full of flu and thus unable to receive me and Laura. Although dissapointed I immediately knew that not all was lost and I could arrange to meet the guys in London to see Marty and Moeker play at The Spitz!!

Having called a very hungover Kate (I hasten to add it was already 11am so no excuses) to arrange Saturday night's plans I set about spending the whole day in my pyjamas and slobbing around the house.....something I haven't done in a VERY long time.

The gig was totally great and in a really nice venue although it was really amusing seing Marty play with such a small drum kit...boy does he like his BIG kit. Marty was trying to think of ways to impress Stevie B and unfortunately my suggestion of naked drum playing fell on deaf ears. By the way their new song is ACE! My friend Laura came along to the gig too and was busy eyeing up every cute guy in the room and dancing with me in a drunken manner by the side of the stage.

Anyway in a cinderellaesque type fashion Laura and I got whisked off at 12.30 by a friendly taxi driver who was taking us to Kings Cross. He was telling us that he had just had Joseph Fiennes in his cab and that he was the most intelligent actor that he had met. We asked him if he had had lots of famous customers and he asked us to guess the only person that he has ever requested to have his photo taken with, he said that if we guessed right we could get our fare for free. I swear to God that my first and only guess was 'Bill Clinton'. Well the guy totally and properly lost it. He could NOT believe that I had guessed correctly. Neither could I! He kept insisting that I had met him before or that I had seen his picture in the Addison Lee Magazine (as if).

When I explained that my cousin had had the pleasure of being invited to one of his party's at the White House and that he was the most charismatic, powerful and personable man he had ever met this struck a chord with me and hence was my first natural guess as to why a man such as our cab driver would want his picture taken with him.

When we got to Kings Cross he insisted that the fare was on the house, but being the decent gals that we are we thrust a tenner in his hand and continued on our merry journey home!

Yours, Misty Harris xxx

PS. 'Este conjuto de tambores e muito pequeno'. Translation: This drum kit is too small.

3 Comments:

At 6:55 pm, Blogger Kate Griffiths said...

There are plenty of excuses to be had for being hungover at 11am on a Saturday! Like being really drunk on a Friday night on red wine and champagne...! Had a great night last night though too - although I don't have any interesting getting home stories!

 
At 10:11 am, Blogger la scania said...

Kate - You may not have drunken getting home stories but you did have chocolate fountain loveliness awaiting you when you got home, great piccie btw - yum!
Marty - We WANT naked drum playing with big kit or small kit in front of you WE don't mind!! ;)

 
At 9:01 pm, Blogger Kate Griffiths said...

Ah yes, the chocolate fountainness was amazing. Although my lounge floor is still a bit smeared with chocolate... doh. We'll have to have a chocolate fountain party soon so you can all try it.

I second the vote for naked drumming by the way. Shhh Gringe. And Marty you do still owe us an arty picture too... although I'm aware that we will probably have to provide you with more cake to facilitate that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home