A Lisboeta's Blog

The Goer From Lisboa!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire........

Well i guess i have been a little rubbish of late. After I got back from Brazil I seem to have been hermiting quite a lot.

This may be for several reasons including possible job redundancy, a dissertation to begin and finish oh and the small factor that Rich and I are getting married next year. So all in all not much going on in my head at the moment at all!!

Anyway things sure seem to be moving fast at the moment. Laura and Brian are moving in together this weekend - good luck guys! And Pete and Helen are also planning to get married next year - i think in December - which should be just lovely!!! I can't quite keep up with all the news.

Meanwhile in an effort to procrastinate even further I have been preparing merrily for Christmas. Last weekend we got our very first tree up and decorated (all under the military guidance of Sergeant Fish). Geez i never knew one could be so anal about decorations. Actually credit due to Sgt Fish the tree looks damn nice ... as do my homemade Christmas hanging decorations that currently adorn the living room.

Now all we need to do is decide where we will be spending Christmas, wrap the presents and send the cards out to friends who we wont be seeing over the xmas and new year period. Ooooof!

I would like to say that with one week to go till the deadline that the dissertation is nearly completed but I had up to now come to a standstill with it. BUT I am feeling a little more motivated about things so hopefully with an extension it should be completed at the end of January. Thank goodness for that :)

1 Comments:

At 12:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with it all - I'm sure the dissertation will come together perfectly in the end. If you have an extension then I hope you'll get to take a little time off and enjoy a really lovely Christmas - thinking of you, lots of love polly xxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home