A Lisboeta's Blog

The Goer From Lisboa!

Friday, July 28, 2006

Butterflies and Bicycles

I am parking at this new place at work and the first thing I have noticed is how many butterlies there have been on the way to work - I drive through quite a lot of countryside which I feel very lucky about - and also how many there are when I park in Luton. The car park is surrounded by budlias and they seem to attract them all.... they are so very pretty.

Unfortunately not so pretty is the pesky car park attendant who has persisted in greeting me with a rather salubruious 'alright gorgeous' for the lat two mornings in a row. It is already starting to get on my wick a bit and I feel like telling him what my name is so that he can drop the lecherous speak but I do feel like we will be entering into a whole new 'friendly' territory which makes me feel even less comfortable than he already does.

Yesterday the boy and I bought ourselves two very new and shiny bikes - which I immediately felt really guilty about as I go away in two weeks time and money is really tight for me at the moment - however, as I bought the last one in the shop mine was already assembled and I got some money off as it had a 'scratch' on it which later transpired to be some dirt that came off!! He he!!

Anyway Rich had to put his own bike together which at first he was really excited about and as the evening wore on the excitement wore off, and the swearing fest began. At first it was a few huffs and puffs, and then some grumbles but the final straw came when he realised that his rather thin racer tyres have a different pump nozzle to mine and to every other person who owns a mountain bike AND not a racer. He was so desperate to ride to work this morning that he even went upstairs to ask our neighbours if they had a pump that worked on his tyres, this produced a negative outcome I am afraid to say. A phone call to Marty a little later produced a positive outcome - hooray Marty had a pump that would work on the boy's bike.

Ladies and Gents I will leave you with a little image to end my lastest blog entry; picture a very excited young man, picture him with his shiny new bike, now picture him wheeling it all the way to work as he has no air in his new tyres and therefore cannot ride it to work ..... yet. Bless him :)

1 Comments:

At 11:16 am, Blogger la scania said...

yes and then promptly fell off - two red knees and ripped shorts greeted me when he got home :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home