A Lisboeta's Blog

The Goer From Lisboa!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Birthdays, blogs, illness and smoking

This blog entry has the feel of a registry office 'Births, marriages, divorces and deaths' a little of everything and very little of nothing.

It is my best friends birthday today and although she is not even aware of the existence of this blog I still think I would like to take this opportunity to say "Feliz Aniversario Filipa - quem me dera estar ai contigo'!!

Now you may ask yourself, why on earth does her best friend not know about her blog, and it isn't just because if I told her then i couldn't say bad things about her behind her back or something equally as appaling! It is just that she lives in Portugal and speaks Portuguese and can't really understand English all that well and so therefore there seems to be little point in telling her about it :( kind of sad, eh?

As for blogs EVERYONE I know seems to be updating their blogs and I feel like I have been left behind with this one. No photos, jokes or puzzles just me writing about my life and its (very little at the moment) goings on. Actually i lie, there is a LOT going on and I just don't particularly feel like sharing it with anyone as I am unsure about how to verbalise what it is that I am feeling. Needless to say I am hormonal and feeling cross with a system that is frustrating me and I currently feel really really powerless and wronged.

I thought that this New Year would bring a fresh start.

On a more positive note I spoke to another very good friend today who told me that three weeks ago today he stopped smoking and that he hasn't felt so good in a long time. I asked him if his partner had quit too and he told me that he was going at it alone. Although I don't smoke, and never have, I told him that i really admire him for doing so as it must be really hard to stick to it when you live with someone who chuffs away as often as they both used to. Hopefully in the end they will both quit. He said the biggest change happened when he was sitting in his office and he smelt something really nice and realised that it was his fabric conditioner that he uses on his clothes and had never smelt before. Funny huh?!

Anyway am going to go and get some sleep so that when i drag myself out of bed tomorrow morning I don't feel quite as wretched as I have been feeling so far this week.

2 Comments:

At 12:28 am, Blogger Kate Griffiths said...

Big Hugs for the Little Tania. We love you baby!

 
At 2:54 pm, Blogger la scania said...

thank you, those hugs were most appreciated and are reciprocated xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home