A Lisboeta's Blog

The Goer From Lisboa!

Friday, August 18, 2006

Welcome to Rio

Well here I am and what a journey it has been. On the flight on I met a really nice guy who was also staying in Rio who had also never been before to South America. I felt really apprehensive getting out of the airport but as i has organised transfers and my first night´s stay at the hotel it was all gooooooood :)

In the morning i was up at six am as i was so blooomin excited!! I saw these massive birds flying overhead and they looked like oversized bats with red and white underneath them flying high in the sky......... totally amazing.

MY first day i found a really nice hostel in Ipanema - the safest place that i have felt so far and have met a really cool bunch of people. Today the weather is pretty rubbish and I am trying to think of some cool things to do. I might be booking myself a cheap flight to Salvador for monday in search of the sunnier weather :)

We have for the last two days tried to get a tour which would take us up to Chris then taking in some sights through Lapa and Santa Teresa, via the big church and then onto the sugarloaf mountain. Unfortunately this all depends on the good weather as the Cristo stands at 710 metres and in the bad or cloudy weather it just isnt the same.

Anyway this place is amazing, I feel like a big kid in a sweetie shop and everywhere I look there is a more tempting sweet!!

I have to confess to missing my boy and everyone else, but now I have a phone everyone feels that little bit closer.

Big hugs to you all T xxxx

2 Comments:

At 10:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helloo miss Harris! Good to hear you are already having a fabulous time, and that you've met some cool people. I hope you get some sunshine soon (sure that you will). thinking of you having a ball out there, much love from polly xxx

 
At 4:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello baby! E fantastico que te estejas a divertir e a usufruir do facto de estares ai. As saudades sao muitas e ouvir a tua voz e algo necessario nos meus dias um pouco por vezes silenciosos.

estou anciosa por saber que os contactos que tens respondam positivamente!

Muitos beijinhos e xi-coracoes

Ines

 

Post a Comment

<< Home