A Lisboeta's Blog

The Goer From Lisboa!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The importance of being idle

Well with only a few days to go till my big trip and with only tonight left to pack it is finally starting to sink in that in one's week time I will be in Brazil .... by myself! Gulp!

The last few weeks have been franctic, I feel particularly sorry for my ma and pa and especially Rich who has had to put up with my occasional panic stricken moments with regards to everything else but the trip, such as car insurance and servicing, banks mucking me about and today to top it all off the post office called me to tell me that they can't supply me with the Brazilian currency that i was going to take with me as they don't have any in their central office. What's happenend has the Brazilian mint stopped producing currency or has their been a sudden rush in Reias, so much so that they DONT HAVE ANY LEFT?!!!!

And as for this latest round in arrests over plots to set off explosives in planes; well this has really made things difficult for all travellers this summer, especially if you are on a long haul flight and can't take i-pods, books or anything else other than a wallet, medication and baby food. Great!

Anyway as the title to this blog suggests I will be taking it easy over in Brazil and definately making the most of my time over there. Of course the research is especially important but I will also indulge the senses and make sure that I take part in as much as I can and time will allow.

I will of course endeavour to keep people posted on my trip via this blog and will see you all on my return.

Adieu xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home