A Lisboeta's Blog

The Goer From Lisboa!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Weakness and china

Well today whilst out at lunch with my boss I spied a sight that made me go weak at the knees and as soon as we had parted our ways I immediately went back to the very spot to see if I could recreate the moment of weakness again. As I looked through the shop window once more I was horrified to see that the elegant turquoise/green coffee set that I had seen earlier in the window had disappeared. How could it be - we had only parted ways for an hour and I had sworn to myself that I would have it at all costs. My eyes browsed the rest of the selection on offer in the second hand shop and suddenly I spied it! It had been moved! Hooray.

I purchased the six cup, milk jug and coffee pot set and now I have it at home, in all its magnificence. It is just so pretty. Now the only problem is that we don't have anywhere to put it AND I don't actually drink coffee. Oh well that wont stop me from stroking it and offering coffee to every single guest that will ever step through our doors again. Oh the joy pf pretty things. We are all so vain in our own different ways.

4 Comments:

At 8:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

MORE bloody crockery filling up our cupboards!!!

 
At 11:21 am, Blogger sparkleylips said...

lol! pretty things are so worth the space they take up... You could always drink tea out of them instead!

 
At 7:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tani, how very satisfying! I look forward to being offered a coffee soon (except I don't drink it either, hmm!) Maybe just fill the jug up with hot water and conceal a typhoo teabag in one of those lovely cups - no onlookers will know!!! LouBon x x x

 
At 8:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Mother - Like Daughter! I feel fro you Rich... I really do.
William

 

Post a Comment

<< Home