A Lisboeta's Blog

The Goer From Lisboa!

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Addictions

I love my morning walks as they give me the chance to relax for half an hour and listen to the radio on the way into work.

I have to say as winter draws in it does become more difficult to get motivated to walk but I am managing it.

I remember one walk in particular last year when I left work when it was snowing and I literally walked the whole length from the centre of town down Sandridge Road and up to the King William Pub (apologies to those of you who have no idea what I am talking about)all on my own. The snow was coming down so thick and fast that my fotsteps behind were vanishing within seconds!

So, as I say. I like my walks.

Anyway this morning's walk presented me with a whole lot of other stuff to think about....

As I was minding my own business walking past the bus stop I saw an advert for Brent Cross christmas shopping. The advert showed a gorgeous tall antique looking cupboard/wardrobe crammed full of shoes. The cupboard had about six shelves and each was the right height for the sets of shoes eg. boots on one shelf and high heeled shoes on the other. Do you know what my reaction was, my heart pumped quicker, I am sure my pupils became dilated, and I thought to myself "how did they know that that is exactly what I wanted?".

I had barely had enough time to get over the shock of somebody reading my most superficial and frankly materialistic thought about shoes when I was struck by another bus stop advert (this road is very long ladies and gents). Again it was for Brent Cross Christmas shopping but this time it was scented candles and perfumed bottles of bubble bath.

Do you know what? The advert left me totally cold and indifferent, I simply thought "how could they have got it so wrong?"

I have summised over the course of today that I am a girl who adores shoes, I am proud of what I own, hence the need to preserve the shoes in a cupboard, I am ever so slightly ashamed of my obsession with shoes, hence the need to hide them in a cupboard and in an odd twist even to me the idea of having a bath surrounded by candles and perfumed stuff just does not appeal to me one bit!

Yours shoe fetishist Yarris xxx

EU ADORO SAPATOS E BOTAS E SANDALIAS
Translation: I LOVE SHOES AND BOOTS AND SANDALS

3 Comments:

At 12:21 am, Blogger Kate Griffiths said...

Shoes are GOOOODDDDD!!!

 
At 1:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shoes are things for the feet and thats it - maybe I just don't understand

 
At 12:50 pm, Blogger la scania said...

You are SO right Mister B. You do not understand.

They bring pleasure....and they bring OH SO much pain (see my above blog posting).

Much the same way that women feel about men. AND ok, men feel about women.

So there!

Mwoah xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home